View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-14, 10:07
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I was a binge eater. When I was eating the regular junky American diet, certain foods would set me off on a binge. It wasn't an everyday thing -- but often enough to add to my weight problem. On past LC diet fails, cheating would set me off on huge binges. Not having the sugary junk for a long period of time, and then having some would set off a crave monster that I could not resist.

When I started my current LC diet last February - I entered into this way of eating with a firm commitment not to cheat on off plan foods. However, I did allow myself to eat lots of low carb food -- even to the point of binging. Some of those early days were really high on the carb count -- but it was not anything that would spike my blood sugar. So even though I'd binge on LC food (like nuts, jerky, peperoni, eggs, bacon, etc.) -- it was not giving me the satisfaction I got from binging on carby junk food. So the urge to binge subsided and eventually I gained control over my appetite. My desire to eat too much went away and my portion sizes dropped pretty much automatically. For me, the key was a commitment not to cheat. It was hard at first -- but it got easier every day. Within a few months, I really started enjoying this way of eating in a way I'd never experienced before.

I hope you find your answer. Last January -- I was in a bad place, too. My eating was out of control and my health and self esteem were in the toilet. Life is much better now and I have this way of eating to thank for it.