View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jun-10-20, 15:00

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Day by day...

Wow, almost two years since I last posted an exercise workout on the 'Gym' section of this site.....time flies. I've spent the last two years losing about 50 lbs. on Weight Watchers which really worked for me in tandem with an exercise program which consisted of Yoga and fast walking....it really worked well and if not for a stressful year the following year with house selling, moving, house buying, etc. I could have probably kept the weight off...I'm such a stress eater, always have been. Just a year ago I was maintaining my wt. with no problem at all.
So now that I've gained back a good 25 to 30 lbs. I'm again starting out with being consistent with exercising and have embarked on my old tried and true food combining, Somersizing food plan. I've been exercising every day except for an occasional day off and dealing with occasional exacerbation of neck pain being post neck fusion from 7 years ago. So I'm learning to be very cognizant of my body's reaction to any exercise again....Still doing a gentle yoga (and have never stopped doing some yoga every day) careful to avoid some of the neck poses that seem to irritate my neck and to not overdo on the stationary biking (spinning) which is my sole cardio these days.
This morning I did a 20 minute 'Christine' class which is a beginner version but the big hill climb she did kicked my ass. I love her teaching technique and encouragement that we can only do what our body's tell us to do and yes, try hard to achieve but don't do so much that it hurts or is just too difficult. I managed to stay up with her except for some of the resistance she was doing and I turned it down a little on some parts. I worked up a really good sweat and was so happy with it. Yesterday I just did a 15 min. workout so I was glad I got in a little more time today....that's a goal lately to get more cycling time and a little less resistance so I get more miles in and more calories burned. It was perfect. I've realized that with my neck and low back history it's okay to do what I can do, push a little sometimes but not all of the time. I don't need to get a PR every ride like I was trying to do....So this was a good workout this morning, one towards my challenges and mileage but didn't kill myself. No out of the saddle hill climbs....just smaller hill climbs. I've only had my bike for two and a half months but it has become a daily addiction that I just love....I can't miss a day!
Stationary spinning is a perfect exercise for my older years, low impact and just what my body needs since I deal with osteoarthritis issues and my spinal fusions....and I've had to realize that I won't be doing maybe the level of some younger folks but I certainly can do good workouts and get the benefits of the bike just how I'm doing it!
I'm feeling really physically good these days.....