View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-18, 07:13

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Isomalt?

So, my next interest is isomalt. Having enjoyed Sugar Free LifeSavers for a few years now, I realize after going low carb they are a sugar alcohol which negates most of the carbs in dieting formulas. I had been eating them at bedtime or when I cant sleep to have something to suck on and sooth the throat and keep me from midnight eating. The idea being less cavity problems than other hard candies when I started using them.

I have tried Zolli Drops with Erithritol (and other stuff), and they are not bad, but nowhere near as good as the SFLS.

Anyone ever worked with Isomalt? Does it dissolve in, say, hot tea?

I know it comes with gastric issues, but also read it promotes healthy bacteria in the lower intestine and is usually tolerated in 50gram or less measures for adults.

ALSO! I made some coconut flour muffins using Erythritol and they are not bad. A little dense, but it gives a bit of satisfaction if you haven't had a muffin in a while!

This recipe:
https://www.slenderkitchen.com/reci...coconut-muffins

Mine didn't have the crackly looking tops like this but they were attractive. I might do again. It was an experiment to use ingredients I have bought and already had on hand like the Erythritol, coconut flour and I've had coconut oil for some years now in the pantry. My wife has been buying almond milk since starting her diet, so I just happened to have that on hand as well.