View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Sep-29-20, 07:09

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

I tried it and was told, among the same things others have mentioned about "negatives" of low carb, that my current weight is fine as in losing more weight would not make me any healthier than I am at present weight. Thank-you whoever you people are who came up with this thing! I'm so sick of being told "you're too fat! Lose weight! Lots of it!" Yes, I'll still be allowing myself to be influenced by cultural constructs of feminine beauty (trying to look thin) and thus still try to lose more weight, but it's so nice to hear someone say I'm fine the way I am and am not harming my health. I believe in my case their analysis is actually correct that I am healthy at my present weight and would likely not gain further health benefits with more weight loss. Typical height/weight charts and other recommendations say I as well should weigh about 40 pounds less than I currently do, and even worse are recommendations to weigh as a mature adult "as much as you did in high school" because I was sedentary (pre-fitness boom era), under-muscled skinny and under-eating to stay that way because, hey, isn't that what girls were supposed to do? While I'd still like to ditch another 20 pounds for looks, I'm a lot fitter and well-muscled than I ever was back then, consuming plenty of healthy protein and not constantly hungry trying to be thin like yesteryear. So I just appreciate these people's little pat-on-the-back saying I'm doing fine.