View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 11:10

Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Smile Thank you

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already decided to find out when the Farmer's Market opens up in my area. I ran to the grocery store and piled various lettuces, a few peppers, tons of celery and some strawberries and melon into the fridge. Because of the weird heat, I've just knocked my meals down to (smaller portions of) meat, fat, and cold veggies with some fruit for dessert. I've had a harder time eating since it was so warm yesterday. But a delicious grilled burger hit the spot.

I'm going to go without any grains for a couple weeks and see if I feel alright on just the carbs from veggies and fruit. I'm thinking that the rice may just be the culprit. If my 2 weeks w/o grains goes alright, I'll try some whole brown rice (just a T or 2) and see how I feel the next day.

I already know that baking potatoes make me feel really ill the next day and I can't really stand them anymore. DF made some twice baked potatoes one night and I asked him to make them with lc items (cream, whole fat sour cream, cheese bacon... etc.) I tried 2 bites and although it was kind of tasty (didn't care for the mushy texture, however) I had the worst headache the next day. I found it totally weird since I used to LOVE McD's fries uke: Now I can't even stand watching people eat them.

If the brown rice is ok, great. Otherwise, I'll have to stick with the fake fried rice made with cauliflower.

I was diagnosed with IBS in college (stress related) and it went away with the addition of fiber as well as a slight change in my binge drinking habits And I had a yeast issue that needed to be dealt with as well. I'm thinking my yeast may still be in there and it acts up when it gets the "right" food.

As much as I love experimenting, I don't like the results I sometimes find.

Annie G