#7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-20, 05:55

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
His advice on treatment of T2 is start slowly, but the goal (within a rather short amount of time) is Zero Carb. Don’t get wound up in counting or allocating carbs...just eat as close to Carnivore as possible.

This whole thing also ties in with the concept of seasonality as an eating trigger. Polar regions have cold seasons and more equatorial ones have dry one: times of food scarcity. The harvest time is when we stuff ourselves and build up a layer of fat. From the abundant carbs.

This evolutionary survival impulse, taken out of its native context, becomes disordered in an environment of relentless high carb abundance.

Another angle of addiction is how such substances "push" the dopamine system for stress relief: which was behind my own Eating Disorder. Recovery is difficult because the body gets used to being pushed.

So the sufferer cannot summon up the proper chemicals, and must have the push. Much like Methadone can make a heroin addict feel "normal."

People only understand they feel miserable without their drugs. And since high carb goodies have known effects on the brain: why can't they be seen as any other drug?

I KNOW I was carb-addicted. What got me out was taking a longer view than the sugar rush of the moment. I made myself consider how I'd feel after. How I suffered when I couldn't find clothes that fit, how tired and cranky I was so often.

Now, nearly Carnivore myself, I feel -- for the first time -- utterly free of such disastrous impulses.