View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 21:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey chicks!

I got caught up on just the past day with you all.

Blue- I LOVE the sound of your paint colors and decoration ideas for your new apartment. I really do! I would vote for three bedrooms but if you would rather allocate that money to something else (travel or otherwise) is there any way to do that second bedroom as an office since your son doesn't visit much? Maybe not a Murphy bed although they might have some sleek ones, I don't know.. but anyway, just a thought.

EXCELLENT on dropping your 3+ pounds! You go, girl!! You got after them fast!

Trig- You are fired up and going to town! I bet those pounds are running scared. Did you get DD out of the house and into the shopping yet?

Jaz- Aw hon, I am sorry that work is just so crummy right now, I really am. It sounds so stressful. And having to do school too; well, you just have a whole lot on your plate.

Lori- Did you get your gym visit in? Glad you got a hair cut you are happy with. That is always a happy thing!

••••••••••

Today was a FULL day here. We ate a quick breakfast here in the condo and then headed out for our walking tour "Beyond the Basilica." It was great. I was looking for a tour that wasn't just the Old Town, history based tour and that is exactly what I found! Not only did we see the Basilica and a bit of old town, but we went into a bit of the Underground City, we had a HOT fresh bao from Chinatown, we went to the most overwhelmingly bizarre and funky thrift shop I have ever seen, we saw street art that was outstanding and we went to a cool little art gallery. They had the best little subversive die-o-rama boxes that I just fell in love with. They are horribly wonderful! We ended at a coffee shop.

From there DS19 and I headed over to the Marchι Jean Talon, which is one of the outdoor farmer's markets. I could have spent a heck of a lot of time there but we spent some and that was good enough. Then we got our three-day metro passes, and took the bus over to St Joseph's Oratory. That was really something! People make a pilgrimage to there. Lots of steps! THEN we backtracked via Metro to get dinner at a place that our guide had recommended for their burgers and poutine. By then we were worn out and our feet were so tired! Got back, 20K steps and hopefully I will sleep well tonight.

No immediate plans for early morning and then we will see what the day bring. Tomorrow night we have tickets for Aura at 8.