Old Wed, Dec-16-15, 07:34
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Ha!

Oh my! You young whipper snappers!

I'm 70 and vaguely remember life at 50. I had just received my certificate in Culinary Arts and was working as the Pantry Chef at Stepps on the Court in downtown Los Angeles. Most people don't know it, but chef work is best suited for 18-year old men. It's unbelievably hard physical labor. Not at all like what you see on television shows. It's working like mad for your shift and then scrubbing the walls and floors before you can go home. It's moving scalding hot fat from the deep fryers to the back and pouring it into barrels to be carted away. Every knee bend, every knife cut, every bit of the "exercise" contributed to my current good health and mobility. That and LC eating.

Yep. By the time you're 70 certain areas sag, but I still have a great figure and, better still, I make it a point to learn something new every day. I get up before dawn every morning and walk at least 2 miles, sometimes more.

Age happens. You can't stop it. All you can do is take responsibility for making your own life happy and healthy. 50 isn't as old as you're gonna get ~ if you're lucky.