View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 06:46

Plan: Neanderthin, paleolithic
Stats: 230/220/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Combining and cooking can be a pleasure

Ever since I started dieting I have learned so much about nutrition and different ingredients. I think that much enjoyment and understand comes from the actual act of cooking. You turn into a conscious chooser of foods and not a blind consumer.

I may be new to dieting, but I think a very important aspect is that dieting should not mean that you do not enjoy your meals. Dieting is intelligence, not sacrifice. I have learned to prepare my own good meals. Not a simple burger or sausages or fries. But real food with side dish. This makes the act of eating much more satisfying even though I eat less.

And I have developed. Self-improvement is important. I have not stayed in one mindset but have learned so much. I didn't know what a carpaccio is, or what kind of meats are lean. I learned to make my own mushroom sauce or dutch cheese sauce. And I have learned to love certain vegetables that I could eat before (like cauliflower, rocket and Asparagus ).

Learning to cook (I got some tips from Cooking classes ) helped me gain self esteem as much as the pounds that I have lost. It is healthy and you learn to plan ahead, get yourself organized and time your actions. And I learned pride in my achievements when I see my sons smiling faces.

Bless you all!

Monica