Thread: 3-Day Fat Fast
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 15:46

Plan: Paleo-Ketogenic, LCHF
Stats: 358/263/235 Male 6' 6"
BF: More to Love
Progress: 77%

lol, I know, I just like the idea of bacon for every meal. I actually just picked up my Atkins book to re-read the fat fast section (the 72' which doesn't have the updated info that you posted). What concerns me is the line, "Let me make it clear that the Fat Fast is actually dangerous for anyone who is not metabolically resistant." My first argument to this would be, aren't we all metabolically resistant if we're overweight to begin with? I know there's that rare individual who loses perfectly on a low-fat diet, but aren't the rest of us metabolically resistant? I have searched a few other well know forums online (like Jimmy Moore, LC friends, etc) and none of them seem to offer any suggestion as to why this could be dangerous. It's not terribly far off from what I do normally. I'd like to find info on what the harms could be. I certainly don't want to do anything dangerous, but again, I don't see how it could be, especially in such a short period as 3 days.

I'm completely open to suggestions. I know my mother did "meat & egg" fasts where it was as close to 0 carb as you could get, and those worked wonderful for her. (she would typically do them for a week out of every month or two) I'm not entirely sure what the difference would be other than a slightly higher protein ratio. Instead of 90/10/0 she may have been doing 75/25/0.... I'm more interested in learning the right way of things than rushing into anything for any cause.