View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 11:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I am very fond of chicken livers, and have collected quite a few recipes over the years. Looking through them now I see that they are mostly the same, just with different seasonings :-). Bacon, onions, and garlic are always good, but personally I would leave off the cheese. While I like cheese with many things it doesn't fit well with liver, to my taste.
Basic recipe, for 2 servings: Heat some bacon fat (or butter) in a heavy pan. Saute 3/4 lb chicken livers (in bite sized pieces), 2 tsp minced fresh sage for 4-5 minutes over med high heat, adding 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced, towards the end. Cook till browned on the outside but still slightly pink inside. Season with pepper; remove from pan and keep warm. Deglaze the pan with a splash of Marsala, and cook down by about half. Pour over the livers, and sprinkle with parsley. Change out the herbs as you like. Use red wine instead of Marsala, or a splash of brandy, or broth of some sort if you don't want the alcohol. I would probably serve this with some sautéed onions, and a strip or two of bacon.
Check out the web for recipes for pate. They are easily made, with a food processor, and delicious!

ETA: Cream in the sauce is nice. And mushrooms pair very well with livers.