#1   ^
Old Thu, May-12-16, 12:13
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Chicken in Sofrito Cream

To be such an easy dish to make, This one is super delicious! Pilot Gal's Sofrito was the inspiration for mine and many, many recipes created with it since I first tried her Sofrito. I'm truly addicted to the stuff now, but the hubs........not so much.

CHICKEN IN SOFRITO CREAM

INGREDIENTS:

1 large chicken breast, skin on (10 oz. of deboned meat)
1½ T. butter
1 c. homemade chicken stock
½ c. heavy cream (use 2 T. less if still on Induction)
Sprinkle xanthan gum (if needed to thicken)
2 T. Sofrito sauce (see below)

DIRECTIONS: Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over high heat. Slice meat at an angle laterally into 4 smaller fillets. I pounded mine, but that isn’t necessary. Just a habit with me and chicken. Sear the chicken in the hot butter, both sides, until golden. Lower to medium when both sides are golden and the meat is fully done. Add chicken stock around the meat. Add cream and Sofrito sauce and simmer a couple minutes. Simmer to reduce cream. If still not thick enough, lightly dust with xanthan (less than 1/8 tsp.). Simmer until it slightly thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve at once with you favorite sides or a nice salad.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes two adult servings, each contains:

590 calories
46.3 g fat
2.6 g carbs, 0.3 g fiber, 1.3 g NET CARBS
37.4 g protein
470 mg sodium

SOFRITO: (slightly modified from PilotGal's recipe)

INGREDIENTS:
½ bunch of fresh cilantro
4 large green onions, roots removed
4 garlic cloves
2 oz. red bell pepper (or green)
¼ c. parsley
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil (more if you want a thinner sauce)

DIRECTIONS: Pulse all ingredients in a food processor or blender until chopped and blended. Don’t pulse too long. You want it coarsely chopped about like pickle relish. Store your sofrito in a lidded jar in the refrigerator if not using immediately. It can also be frozen in plastic bags.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes about 1½ c. (20 tablespoons), each tablespoon contains:

28 calories
2.74 g fat
.88 g carbs, .24 g fiber, .64 g NET CARBS
.24 g protein
10 mg sodium
Sponsored Links