View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 17:37

Plan: CALP
Stats: 270/224/160
BF:
Progress: 42%
Unhappy Scales or should I say pictures got me down

I know I should be so very happy that I have lost so much weight but this weekend while my friend was visiting from my home state, we talked A LOT about weight. We even searched the internet for many success stories. We walked 3.5 miles both Saturday and Sunday and before she left we decided to take pictures of each other with the digital camera and post them on our new site so that next time we see eachother we can compare. After I saw what I looked like I went into a deep depression. I kept thinking... Oh My Gosh, I was 38 lbs heavier than this. Could that be true?
I have been losing about a pound a day for quite awhile but depending on how I stand on this scale will depend on what number comes up. I try to stay consistent but after seeing those pictures! EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am doubting it could have ever been right.
I know I have to be losing because the scale goes down everyday but somehow I just wonder if I changed things and stood differently and what does that mean anyway? My pal said to just stick with the same scale and not worry about what number I am at but that the number is giong down.
I just can't believe how depressed I am about this whole picture thing. Is there anyone out there who has gotten more overwhelmed while they were losing the weight than before?
Perhaps I am less in denial and more back in to reality.
I would really like to hear from anyone out there going through this.
Help! A big Whiner.
Sponsored Links