View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 22:16

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Twenty minutes walking in the neighborhood. I walked with nothing but my house keys. No iPod, no purse, no water. As light as I can go. I fixed my hair so it wouldn't fly in my face, and I didn't have to wear a hat. I enjoyed feeling the evening breeze in my face.

I've discovered that my purpose in walking is to spy on the neighbors and critique their landscaping and exterior decor. One of my neighbors has painted his house black. Seriously. It looks okay, though, if a little bleak. Better than the houses that are painted a weird pinky-flesh tone. Some folks are watering the parking strip ONLY TO THE EDGE OF THEIR PROPERTY. THEY are keeping their lawns green. Their next door neighbors are going with the seasonal rainfall pattern and let their lawns go dormant. So you get these strips that are half green and half end-of-summer-drought-beige. Ridiculous.

The other purpose I've discovered for a 20 minute walk is as a warm-up. For dancing.

Danced salsa for 20 minutes in my socks to Ruben Blades and the Spanish Harlem Orchestra's "Across 110th Street". Most Excellent.

May I be ambulatory and dancing 'till the day I die.