#38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-05, 20:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/220/155 Female 5'6"
BF:not sure
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycelyn
Wow! I am so glad I found this forum! I too am a vegetarian - lacto ovo ( I do eat eggs and dairy), and it's a relief to see others who want to reduce carbs yet maintain the integrity of a vegetarian eating plan.

I am on the Insulin Resistance Diet; it's a modified protein/carb balanced eating plan that lets you eat things like beans and dairy, lots of low-starch veg, along with measured amounts of fruits and grains. Nothing is denied, so this is something I can live with the rest of my life.

I modify the Insulin Resistance Diet to include more fats than they allow, as I feel their emphasis on a low fat diet is outdated, but other than that, I am thrilled with this eating plan. Besides, I'm a firm believer that the best diet around is the one we tweak to suit our own needs!

You can go on Amazon.com and view, I think, 38 pages of the book for free, if you're interested!

If anyone wants to swap recipes or needs a particular vegetarian recipe, just let me know...I have lots of low carbohydrate books on my shelves, and I also enjoy modifying meat-containing recipes to be vegetarian ones.

Jocelyn, what book on amazon are you talking about?

april