View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-19, 10:39

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Re-read some of Dr Eades best posts, and for some of us gals, hormone balance is a real issue. Ive been fighting the bulge with poor results, and poor results makes sticking to the plan less rewarding. The last step for me is balancing the sex hormones.

Ive upped my iodized salts, and decreased the stress ( thru management of it, not elimination unfortunately) and the cortisol is lowering, and the thyroid is primed. Scars changed from a pale silvery blue back to pinker tones.

But the 3 female hormones : estrogens, progesterones and testosterone, are all low.

Docs want me low for estrogen; but what good is a lingering life without cancer but dragging along..... meaning I cut out the ovaries to stop the creation of cancer BUT now must live estrogen deficient according to the dictates of the current medical realm. Traded in a "maybe" for " definite" hell. I totally regret the genetic testing--- has hurt more than helped.

Currently I'm using ground flax for the estrogen; and need OTC progesterone to balance. The two together is the VITAL key. Getting testosterone is important, too, as it does other jobs like muscle and ligament tone; collagen, and thicker skin: my skin is so thin that I cut my hair shorter because the bob- cut was pulling on my scalp. Dr Eades mentions a friend that wrote a book, Dr Uzzi Reese

https://www.amazon.com/Uzzi-Reiss/e..._rwt_scns_share

Hopes this helps.