View Single Post
  #248   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-19, 08:23
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Saturday's workout was an 8 mile walk/jog through my neighborhood on a very chilly Virginia morning. Where there was a gently sloping uphill grade I jogged up it. The short, steep hills I ran up with some pace. I walked the downhill slopes. The workout was just over 2 hours long - slightly more walking than jogging.

On Sunday my wife wanted to go to the Y, so I made it another back-to-back workout day. My legs were a little sluggish from Saturday's workout, so I set out to jog at whatever pace felt comfortable. I wasn't as slow and I thought I'd be. The easier pace left gas in the tank to keep on going past what I'd intended to do at the start.

Mile 1 pace: 11:09 min/mile
Mile 2 pace: 11:13 min/mile
Mile 3 pace: 11:07 min/mile
Mile 4 pace: 11:02 min/mile
Mile 5 pace: 10:55 min/mile
.5 mile push to the finish: 10:33 min/mile
Total time: 60:48
Overall average pace: 11:02

5.5 miles! I'm happy to have another longer distance run under my belt. I'm surprised that it came on the heels of longer HIIT type workout. Getting one run longer than 5K each week should be my goal moving forward. And apparently I don't need to worry so much about working out on back-to-back days. I've been doing cardio 3X per week. Perhaps it time to up that to 4 or even 5 times a week. No pain, no gain.

It was a great workout weekend.