#29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 14:30

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi Peggy, this is the recipe I used:

https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/...epper-crackers/

It is definitely telling the reader "½ – 3/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper (depending on your taste)". Maybe you revised the recipe and didnt make the changes on the wordpress site?

That explains a lot. I actually added some garlic powder and a teaspoon of chicken bouillon granules too. It did bring the flavor up, but still bland for me.

These are edible by themselves, but much better using them as a cracker with something on them, like Walmart has a jalapeno artichoke spread/dip that pairs very well with these crackers. Chicken salad tops them nicely as well. I've even broken some up and used it as croutons on a salad to good results.

I think amping up that pepper to 2 tsp and the same with the bouillon will get these up to snackable on their own for me. It's just such a more substantive cracker than lavash bread crackers.

Yes, people who remove a lot of salt form their diets become very sensitive to salt. My parents are like that. I'm a salt fiend but have found myself thinking something is too salty on occasion while my wife doesn't detect it in a dish...which is really weird! I'm the kid of guy that likes salt on the rim of a margarita...sugar free of course these days!

I'm going to use your fried chicken breader for baked chicken breast and zucchini fries. I cant see why it would not work, maybe not a crunchy as fried but we'll see. The ingredients and method aligns well with other recipes out there for zucchini fries. I didn't really want to have to paint the zucchini sticks with mayo...seemed like this may be easier and I know the breader works and tastes good. I'll let you know how they bake!