View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 20:58
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Hmmmm. My recipe for the Black Pepper Crackers calls for 1-2 tsp. black pepper (I prefer 2 tsp), so I'm not sure which cracker recipe you "found" that would have called for only 3/4 tsp. One time I tried 3 tsp. and that was definitely too much pepper, but 2 tsp. was just right for me. You know, flax meal and Parm both have a heavy sodium load, and I find anything made with either one (or both together) to be real salty to me. One time I added salt and couldn't handle it. But we backed way off our salt consumption years ago. I find any cheese makes anything too salty for me now. Hmmm. Maybe that's why I'm not such a big pizza fan anymore. Pepperoni, its salty self, I can barely eat anymore, on pizza or baked as chips.

I agree, the pressing the cracker crumbles into the pan is the hardest part. But as you say, it's worth it in the end since it makes 2 big pans full. I still do it with a plastic glove and my fingers. To eliminate the rim on the outer rows, I just take a big knife edge and push the edge down to create a flat, straight edge. Only my four corner crackers have a "rim".