#25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-19, 11:20

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
I gave up on organic whipping cream because no matter what brand I tried, it was no good by the time I got it home. It was partially clabbered & instead of whipping, I ended up with bad tasting butter. It may be because I live in the boonies & the bouncing during the long truck drive from the city & then up our loooong rutted driveway churns it.
I don't know. I live in the city less about 10 minutes from the market and I have the same problem. It's not like I have a wild and wooly drive home. Also, I've had the same experience with organic going sour very quickly compared to the Darigold 40% that I buy at Costco. I didn't even get through a pint compared to the half-gallon that I get at Costco. I also tried a local brand, but it was also partially clabbered and had no flavor.

I've tried buying a couple of pints because I'm fasting more and not using up the big half-gallon from Costco. Even though the pints are twice as expensive, I didn't finish up last half gallon, so I thought it would work out. But then I didn't finish the last pint, because it went sour so quickly. Also, I can't get the Darigold 40% at the supermarket--the max they have is 36%. I think the extra fat and lower milk content helps it stay fresh longer, plus I'd rather have the fat instead of an extra carb.