#53   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-17, 09:01

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didy
WHAT???? Wikipedia said Hoffer is a Quack??? Now I'm REALLY interested in his methods!!! hahaha! I always perk up when "conventional wisdom" labels someone a quack!

I'm at 500 mg of niacin twice a day for about 3 days now - I worked my way up to it. I only get a teeny flush now, but I like it - especially on cold days. I do think it is helping my sweet cravings and with my attitude as well - I feel more relaxed and cheerful ....but how could this be??? It's all just quackery you know!

What's funny is that the same people who pompously lecture me on how wrong Wikipedia can be will swallow that article whole and not even burp

I think we're all somewhat inoculated against things like that because we were told for years that low carb would kill us and here we are, healthier (and often, slimmer) than our critics.

Medicine should be a societally supported art, not a greedy profit-driven business. Ironically, we are using science more than the purported scientists: we now know how many of them take money to slant research, just how enormous and influential the PR efforts are from food processors and pharmaceutical companies, and how corrupt many of our safeguarding institutions have become.

We are at the end of one medical era and the beginning of another. And that's always a tricky time