BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s93uv3h
Found this:

The Gut Microbiome: A New Frontier in Autism Research 2-15-2013

This one mentions autism spectrum disorder (ASD) twice:

Gut Microbes and the Brain: Paradigm Shift in Neuroscience 11-12-2014

The connection betweden gut and autism is an interesting paper. Officiating the findings of moms dealing with autistic children.

One of my early solutions was to not let a fork for each food be an issue; or if a fork became unacceptable, just have another handy. Small potatos. I looked at the bigger picture of developing self-worth as more valuable.

Then pushed for wider food choices, a constant effort. Generally foods for packed lunch is limited for MANY reasons. Each food needs to meet a requirement. DS has specific rules he follows with a reason for each.

Getting such a child to expand food choices has obvious challenges. But over the years I have pushed the limits , and I do think he has a wider liking for foods than if I had just caved to every objection.

I also know when he really limits his foods, something else is off in his life. Like other areas need to be flowing smoothly for him to have an expanded menu.

Thankfully he tends to be a ketogenic eater, with the occassional need for 4 baked potatos at once, or a large bowl of oatmeal.

Every pc of the puzzle is helpful.