View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-24, 08:36

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I think of keto as simply being in ketosis, and I find I can vary my carb levels while still staying there in that state, burning fat for fuel. It's so good for my brain.

The power I feel with my decaf coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil is about running on fat. I keep my carb intake late in the day if I'm going to have some. And I get up fearsome early, so really don't get hungry until 7 AM or so. If anything, my version of bulletproof coffee wakes up only my brain, not my appetite.

But, obeying my melatonin this way gets me 9-10 hours of sleep. Fortunately, I'm in a position that I can change my schedule. Healing up IS my job now.

But like so much else, keto is a good idea which fake foods and marketing ran into the ground. It does work! If we think of the science. Every system I try improves matters at this point, because I've come so far. It's maybe "luck" that classic keto works so well for me, but I'm still adjusting everything I come across.

It's also that the ketones in my brain makes my whole body run better. Care of my digestive system soothes this "second brain," and a big player in the immune system.

Now, I look for bio-available sources I know will work for me. Haven't found a nutrient yet that I can't track down in sufficient quantity. And still enjoy my food.

For instance, when I run out of the coconut wraps I use sushi wraps made of seaweed. They are great for salmon salad wraps, too. This is lots of micronutrient and a natural source of iodine. I sometimes feel like an Asian-Midwest fusion