Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/226/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi Petey.

I've gone through periods of getting off caffeine completely and I don't recall noticing any particular weight gain or loss. I swap my coffee and Diet Pepsi for the decaffeinated versions thereof. I'm currently back on the high octane due to lack of availability/logistics.

I think Dr Atkins originally believed that caffeine worsened carbohydrate intolerance. I don't know what the evidence says, but I think it could have an indirect effect on weight loss: if it worsens insomnia or anxiety, or if you're consuming a ton of it with lots of cream (ie fat that you'd otherwise be burning off your body.) I think if you drink it in moderation and be sure to keep those other issues in check, most of us are fine with regular coffee.

For me, coffee has an appetite suppressant effect well worth the 2 cream + 1 Splenda I put in it. Lately, I just have one in the morning while I'm at work. (Work is Tim Hortons, the Canadian Dunkin' Donuts, pretty much. I'm allowed to drink as much as I want, but I'm more than a little coffeed-out! )

Hi Kristine, thank you for your 2 cents. Right now I'm drinking 2 cups of high octane with a tablespoon of heavy cream. I am familiar with Tim Hortons, I have a friend in Ontario that refers to it as "Timmy Ho's" 😄