View Single Post
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 17:54

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Brief check in and hello from me, with hopefully a later entry and/or an email with some pics later on or in the morning.

DS19 and I killed it today in QC, went much harder than planned but ticked off a bunch of stuff. Got up and out to grab a bite by 8:20 AM, then off to the Citadelle to see the Changing of the Guard. Accidentally took a long way on foot and ended up walking along the wall and then around the Plains of Abraham. We made it in time to get a good place but we really had to book it!

Then we went to get the car and drove over to Montmorency Falls. Amazing waterfall that is higher than Niagara Falls. Walked a gajillion steps to go down to the bottom and then back up- I think it was near 400 each way. Then we walked across the suspension bridge over the falls. That wasn't as good a view of it though.

Following that we drove over to the Shrine of Saint-Anne-de-Beaupre and it was really stunning. Amazing tile work over the entire ceiling, etc. Will send along a pic or two.

Then headed back to the Citadelle for a tour. Got back around 5:30 and 20K steps later, and now it's about 8 PM and we are going to head out for a bite before retiring for the night. We have been tending to come home in a late afternoon and then head out late until around 11- it is cooler and less crowded. It has been hot and super humid here in Canada- they are having a heat wave. I am very glad that I only looked at Airbnb's with AC-- I learned my lesson one year when we rented at Martha's Vineyard. Weather averages are exactly that.. averages!

Tomorrow is a sitting day - we are off to cross the border back in the USA. We'll be overnighting in Portland. Tomorrow night will be lobster! Leaving behind the Land of Poutine, Pain Chocolat and Illy Espresso!