#1156   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-14, 07:40

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose
Clarification: BMR, yes basal metabolic rate. Minimal calories to survive doing nothing but sleeping 24/7. Mine is about 1300.

TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Total calories you expend based on your sex, age, and activity level. Mine is about 1900.

Subtract 200 from that 1900, not 200 from 1300 to get a good daily calorie goal to start losing weight. We have been taught for so long to eat low cal and exercise to lose weight, which usually does work at first, but not long term. We actually need to eat more calories, and apparently more protein from what I am reading if we are to keep our muscle mass as we lose weight...and that fits in nicely with low carb...I am supposed to eat about 125-140 g protein daily.

Are you doing a lower-carb version? I've been playing with higher protein levels these past couple of months (but still low carb) and I'm finding it interesting, but I'm not yet convinced. (well, mostly I'm frustrated that the scale isn't moving much). I've also begun exercising (nothing extreme, but I was really sedentary for a long time before). I am still very low carb though.
Sponsored Links