#20   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 06:49

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Maybe if you shared what you're eating? We could see something that you haven't spotted? Are you counting actual carbs or net carbs? Which Atkins program are you following? Things like that would be helpful to try to see why you'd gain the weight and not taken it back off.

Thanks Just Jo. I am on Atkins OWL. Reading Westman et all The New Atkins for a New You and following their protocols.

I was counting net carbs at first but have moved to total carbs in the past month. Maximum 25 grams carb per week/month. Cutting back this week to below 20.

Breakfast: bacon and eggs
Lunch: Sausage and cheese (cheddar) (Avoiding cheese for a week made no difference)
Supper: Steak with a green leafy salad and dressing (almost no carb on label), or cauliflower and full fat hamburger.

I gave up nuts as a snack when hungry as there were too many carbs. Especially pistachios.

I am still working on getting the protein count down.

I do weigh and measure everything I eat and enter it into the Diet Power computer program to calculate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual nutritional intake. The program converts grams to ounces for me and calculates fractions.

Thanks again Jo.