View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 16:02

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I use psyllium husks, which are all fiber, net carbs = 0. 1-3 Tablespoons per pound or so of ground meat, depending on how wet it is. They swell to soak up fat & liquid so start low, let it sit for 5 minutes to see if more husks are needed.

I just made some ground chicken/turkey into a fluffy casserole with poultry-seasoning herbs, psyllium and some brussel sprouts (I like one-pot meals with extras for future meals, so I add some vegs - no more than 5g net carbs/serving - to my protein & fat & herbs). It has the same taste & texture as stuffing that has been inside a turkey.

Stuffing was always my favourite Thanksgiving food; who knew you could make it without bread and a meal's worth of protein, which I just did off the top of my head on a whim based on what I had in the fridge.

Another backwards "meatball" dish I make is a meat sauce with ground beef, tomato paste, Italian herbs & spices with baby brussel sprouts as the balls (or slice green or red cabbage into linguini or lasagna "noodles" if I am in a mood for noodles). I do put a Tbsp or two of psyllium in the sauce to bind in the fat.