View Single Post
  #403   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 12:39

Plan: 90% classic Schwarzbein
Stats: 342/257/165 Female 5'7"
BF:>55%/51%/<30%
Progress: 48%

I moved in 2005 and used that as an opportunity to start Jenny Craig as part of my new lifestyle. Maybe it was fear of dating; though I never had a problem finding fun guys in my previous area, even when I was well above 300 lbs, I suddenly felt self-conscious about meeting people.

Then I met Mr. Right and married him, and some of the weight I lost on JC crept back. I tried following that plan again, working out really hard, and lost 10 lbs to fit into a dress for my brother's wedding last August. I thought I looked good. But then, as many people here have said, I saw the pictures. Eeesh. My brother and his gorgeous bride looked amazing. I looked like the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man. I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize the fat, tired, worn woman looking back at me.

That didn't push me into a change right away, though. Instead, I was so upset that I started secret binging again. And gained back the 10 lbs... and 10 more. The thought of an upcoming vacation is what reset my compass again: I want to be able to walk around the Disney parks with my 14 year old and not have to stop that often. I don't want to be afraid that I won't fit in the ride seats.

Maybe I didn't start early enough to be ready for a mid-February vacation, but just wait 'til you see me on the rollercoasters at Cedar Point this summer!