View Single Post
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-07, 22:22

Plan: Low carb (20 gms per day)
Stats: 162/138.5/119 Female 5"2"
BF:??
Progress: 55%

I was always thin back in the day. The face was pretty good too, I might add. When I hit 30 yo my weight began creeping up. I would say I needed to lose a few pounds and people would say, "You don't need to lose any weight, LOL!" After about 20 more pounds, no one said that anymore. Now it's 40 lbs overweight. Thirty yo was 18 years ago, I might add. I was never one to try a fad diet, so when a cousin told me about Atkins in 1999, I thought she was out of her mind. Well, I did lose 40 lbs. in 4 months and looked great again. Then I got cocky. Thought to myself, that now that I knew how to blast off 10-15 lbs on induction, I could binge on weekends or an entire vacation (for that matter) and just go on induction to lose again. All us Atkids know now that binging on carbs only triggers more cravings for carbs...and the rest is history! I have been gaining more each time I go off the WOL. I feel terrible when I don't follow the WOL, yet couldn't seem to realize that it is the carbs that make me feel so crappy. That lil' old bowl of pasta can't be bad can it? Anyway, the last straw(s) were:

*Depression to the point of suicidal thoughts

*Tired always

*Always starving

* Lots of clothes in closet that don't fit

*Run from cameras

*Made sure NEVER to bump into anyone from the past

*Avoided gatherings like the plague

* Knowing that each time I went on and off Atkins, I gained more back each time and each time I try it, it became more difficult to lose the weight. I figured it's only going downhill from here

*Tired of looking like the "bloated" Elvis

*Other people look good heavy (still having the proverbial "pretty face") but my face looks bloated, my chin doubles and my eyes are non-existent

*Look terrible in photos and was never photogenic to begin with

*When I show people my business card, with a photo from one of my more slender times, they do a double take and ask "When was this pic taken?" When I tell them it was just a couple years ago, they look at me in disbelief and I can read their minds that are thinking "Is this her nice looking twin sister, cuz this cannot be HER

Well, I am TIRED of this merry-go-round, 'cept I aint too merry on it.

Merry Lo Carb Christmas, all

Connie