View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 18:54

Plan: Atkins-esque
Stats: 200/158/150 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Mind-Full's Mass Management Minutes

I've always enjoyed walking, but never could commit myself to doing it regularly with little ones in the house and with the traveling my husband does.

This summer, I finally got into a routine and the difference in how it feels to get out and get moving is incredible.

Those who are just starting out on the fitness trail ... it's tiring at first and you feel as though you can't go another step or do another rep. But that's okay. Stick with it and in a few days or a week or maybe a month you'll notice that you aren't tiring out right away and that you get a "runner's high" or walker's, or biker's ... after the first so many minutes of whatever it is you do.

My dad always thought I should run. I'm all legs (length ... not just width!) yet have always felt like I can't run. The other day, after all the weeks of walking, I suddenly felt like I should up the ante on my excersize and ran a bit. It felt great!

Today, I broke out the bike and rode for 45 minutes in the park across the street. It was a great change of pace, though a whole new muscle system ... not to mention the saddle sore problems after not having ridden more frequently! Argh!

So, in mere months (3 to be exact), I've gone from feeling like a slug to feeling like I want to get up and out and do something exhilirating.

Whoo-hoo!

Yesterday: walk
1 hour, 15 minutes
5 miles

Today: bicycle
45 minutes
15 miles
Sponsored Links