View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 18:28
Cracker in Asia

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/195/175 Male 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

For me the 'home run' in not only controlling Type II diabetes but knocking itback into remission is a combination of proper diet, daily exercise & supplements

I tried the doctors drugs & only got worse, to the point they were ready to start me injecting insulin

By lowering the carbs, exercising & using supplements I keep my Hba1c in the high fives/low 6's consistantly these days

If we are truely diabetics its hard to hope for much more, for daily readings if you can stay in the 90-110 range most of the time that is probably as close to normal as you'll ever get. We can knock diabetes back into remission, but it's never 'cured'. Once must face the facts & admit that they are diabetic. Thats the 1st major step; moving beyond denial.

We have a group of us daibetics here in my office(sad comment on the state of health these days), everyone has found his own solution. My business partner found Glucocare does almost nothing for him but if he takes Bittermelon his BG quickly stabilize. I am pretty much the opposite. Herbal supplements are not a magic cure in a pill anymore than the strong drugs the doctors give you are. I feel they should be part of an overall lifestyle change.

We are all unique organisms & none of us reacts the same way to various lifestyle changes whether it be diet or drugs/supplement. We all have to find our own way. That is why I keep preaching the message of taking control.

Wasn't trying to push the product, just share some things that have worked for me.This is a good thread, lets keep it going!
Sponsored Links