View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-22-19, 06:22

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Six percent of households in the US say they’re following the keto diet. One of the core philosophies of keto is avoiding high sugar fruits, which Lally said correlates with lower fruit sales.
I wouldn't be surprised if, in some areas, that number is closer to 20 percent. Seriously, everybody I know is cutting carbs - From my neighbors to my dermatologist to the lady who checks my receipt when I'm leaving Costco. And not just for weight loss and blood sugar issues, either. Arthritis, blood pressure, mood issues, you name it, people are finding relief eating low carb and they're talking about it.

I recently went on a parent/child school trip into NYC with my son's class. There was school provided food for the bus ride. I was our bus captain and so was responsible for distribution of the food. The protein bars and cashews were almost all gone. The bananas and mini muffins were hardly touched. "Too much sugar" "not worth the carbs." On the other hand, the soft pretzels with mustard did go pretty well. I guess some things die harder - we are from Philadelphia after all.