Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default 10K Training Day 2

March 15 - copied from my journal

Weight: 214

I wasn't looking forward to my 2nd jogging workout today. I did it anyway. The hamstrings were 90% recovered and I was hoping they were ready for day 2. I did have the spring back in my step. I was good to go.

On my lunch hour...

30 minute/3 mph walk

Workout today at the track...

Walked 3.7 mph for 1 mile
Jogged 5.2 mph for 2 miles
Walked 3.7 mph for 2 miles

Stretched

Total today: 6.5 miles

After my warmup mile I felt really good. The plan was to do 6 laps jogging. That turned into 2 miles and I could have gone farther. Then I warmed down with 2 miles walking. The jogging was much easier today and I'm feeling no ill effects after the fact. The plan is to extend the jogging session with each workout; go a little farther each time. I liked doing one jog session rather than alternate walking and jogging. I found a pace I can sustain. The problem is strength. My legs get tired. Today was better than last Saturday; my legs held out longer. Again, I loaded up on the protein after the workout. I'm hoping that taking 1 day off will be enough this time and I can do the next workout on Thursday. Kel was still too sore to go jogging with me. She put in 45 minutes on the recumbent bike. Something is better than nothing.