#2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 12:10
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

hi there,

Sorry you're having this problem!! Ugghh. OK, first thought that comes to my mind ... too much vitamin C. While 1000mg 3x per day may not be too much for some people, for other sensitive individuals that is way more than enough to cause the watery diarrhea you're experiencing. I'd cut it out entirely for a time, then add it back, but restrict to 100mg per dose, preferably a timed-release formula to reduce irritation. Another option is to choose a buffered form, such as Ester-C .. but again, take a lower dose.

Psyllium or other fiber / bulk products will help by "soaking up" the water and slowing things down

You're wise to ensure adequate hydration; I'd be concerned about potassium and magnesium loss as well, so might be wise to ensure supplements of those minerals.

Has your dr. ordered to have a stool sample done?? If this persists beyond today, I would be seeking medical attention .. yes, it could be an infection, and you could become quite ill. A stool sample would show whether it's virus or bacteria, and if you need an antibiotic.

hth,

Doreen