Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #2732   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 15:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Add me to the list of Simon and Garfunkel fans. Love them!

Lori- I'm confused. When does the interview actually happen? I thought it would have by now. Glad you got out and walked. I need to do that but it is just not going to happen today.

It's a good idea to write down a DD, except for me I am pretty formulaic. One wrap, one frozen meal, an apple. Broth/coffee. I try to stay to that bc I know it works for me.

You might need to get a topper for your mattress for your hips. I lost a fat pad that protects my tail bone and I get sore if I sit too long- it has been going on for years.

I like smartwool socks too. I think they are sold at Costco. I also love Cabin Socks.

ALL: BTW, speaking of Costco, I bought and used a rolling duffel bag I got from there for 42$ plus shipping. We liked it so much Dh asked me to buy another. It held up beautifully AND handled being pulled for miles over cobblestone streets with no issues whatsoever. Tons of storage room too.

Jaz- I am excited for you. I would be ALL OVER that job.

I like the idea of seeing if you can't just store some stuff there, or have the renter use some of it if you trust her via her family.

Once you have some idea of where you might go, I am willing to help you look for stuff on Airbnb or elsewhere.

Love that you are getting a haircut and setting up an xmas tree! I want to set mine up so bad! I'll have DS17 drag it up the steps for me and get it set up. Dh has so much going on that I don't want to ask him.

Trig- you are going to get me all motivated for Xmas, reading about your plans and shopping. When my kids were young I tried to finish up shopping by late October. This year I haven't even started!

LOL over the teen sleeping all the time! They do that!

Hi Blue Sweetie!
•••••••••••

Hi all!

Well, I thought maybe I was going to avoid jet lag but it hit last night for sure. I stayed awake until around 10 PM EST but was awake by 3 EST and couldn't fall back asleep. Finally got up around 6:30 and went to do the week's grocery shopping. Was headed back home by 7:15 AM. At least I accomplished something!

Bella was utterly disgusted by the whole thing and reluctantly went outside after giving me the stink eye and then went back down to the basement with DS17. lol

Overall I am really pleased with my weight coming back from the trip. I am not pleased with my weight as it currently stands, mind you. I'd like to drop 20-25 pounds. But that being said, I am only up about 2-3 pounds from when I left. I think the walking so much really helped. Lord knows we ate ALL the goodies!

So DH is still in VA with all that is going on down there; he hopes to be home this evening. DS17 is working the brunch shift. I'm hanging out here and will be watching the Ravens play around 1. This is going to be a long DD as it is 11 AM here and I am already pretty hungry. Trying to hold out until at least noon before eating my first of two small meals. Being up since 3 AM isn't helping!

(okay, failed to finish this. Now it's 4:20PM)

Down day has gone well thus far. It's just after 4 and I've had one LC wrap, a cup of broth and coffee. I've still got a meal left to go and will probably aim for 5 or later for that one.

Poor Dh is really having such a hard time. I feel so badly for him. His Mom is having cognitive issues now so they won't release her from the hospital. His Dad is doing badly. Home health is 24/7. Dh's heart is just breaking, not to mention that he is sick and jet lagged, worried about work and overtired. Talked to him on the phone and he was in tears. I just really feel for him.

In other news, I found a great price for DS17's senior trip to Mexico and booked it bc I can cancel up until 8/10/2020. So why not lock in those prices?

Also, great news: DS17 got a college scholarship to the one that he has an acceptance to so far!! 2K a year for 8K over 4 years! I wasn't expecting that so a cherry on top of already good news with his acceptance. GO BOY!!

Final good news: Ravens just had a great win. Played really well and Lamar Jackson is just a pleasure to watch.