View Single Post
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-13, 12:45
Counterweight

Plan: VLC/Moderate Protein
Stats: 291/251.4/150 Female 63.25"
BF:72%/62.5%/26%
Progress: 28%

Nancy, can this information be included?

http://www.thyroidmanager.org/chapt...lness-syndrome/
Since my T3 and T4 are on the low end of normal, and my TSH appears normal or trending toward hyperthyroid, I searched and found the above information. It is very similar to hypothyroidism.

I only suffer a few of the symptoms you've listed in your first post. Some of them I can no longer answer to unless I go back to the S.A.D. Since changing to this WOE in 2009, I don't get cold much any more. Items with asterisks are current issues.

1) What are the symptoms?

a] Gaining weight inappropriately or unable to lose weight, even cutting calories. - yes, before low carb but losing VERY SLOWLY. Still trying to find the right combination of macronutrients for feeling 'not hungry'.
b] Low body temperature and I feel cold when I shouldn't be cold. - yes, before low carb
c] *Fatigue and exhaustion.
d] Slow pulse - yes, before low carb
e] Low blood pressure - yes, before low carb
f] High cholesterol - yes, before low carb
g] *Losing hair, dry, coarse, brittle hair.
h] Rough scaly, dry, itchy skin - I suffer from both pustular and plaque psoriasis as well as these weird little dry patches with no significant scaling.
i] Nails are brittle and break easily - yes, before low carb. They still break but only when I'm doing yardwork
j] Husky, gravelly or hoarse voice - yes, before low carb. It was previously described as 'sultry' and 'sexy'. HUH?
k] *Joint or muscle pains, aches, stiffness. - Diagnosed as Psoriatic Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. No relief yet...
l] Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, arm or leg tendonitis or plantar fasciitis.
m] Irregular menstrual cycles (longer, heavier, more frequent) - yes, but had a hysterectomy before discovering the LC WOE
n] Infertility, miscarriages.
o] Depression, restlessness, moodiness, sadness.
p] *Memory problems.
q] Difficulty Concentrating.
r] Lack of libido.
s] Eyes feel gritty, dry, light-sensitive.
t] Lump in throat area. Difficult swallowing or pressure in neck.
u] *Sleep Apnea - my whole life AFAIK.
v] Swelling in the face, around the eyes, face and hands. - yes, before low carb
w] *Eyebrows scanty, outer third maybe almost non-existant.
x] *Sleeping a lot and still not feeling well-rested.

My values, considered normal by the doctor.

TSH Sensitive (0.34-4.82).........1.49
FT4 (0.9-1.7)...............................1.0
T3 Free (2.0-4.4).......................2.1