View Single Post
  #2229   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-19, 12:52

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi Janice,

I remember browsing the CALP book (carbohydrate addicts lifespan program - which imo, is not just for the ages listed on the cover), and thinking, I can do this.

I love CALP. It works well with eating out, travelling, holidays, so long as you do some research and plan.

I can't comment much re cad because I didn't ever read that book, or follow that plan. I do highly recommend calp.

For me, best tips:
- a daily food log where you truly track what you are eating.
-pay attention to timing - no snacks or meals closer together than 90 minutes
- be sure to finish any meal within 60 minutes (there is a second insulin release at 70 minutes)
- understand what is and is not on the cm vegetable list.

- artificial sweeteners are not your friend (just an option in calp to cut them out but with good reasoning by the Hellers - upheld by research I believe since then.)
Balance that rm! It is not to be an all out carb fest for one hour, in calp, the deal is to start with a salad or have a double portion of a cm veggie, and that your plate/meal is 1/3 protein, 1/3 cm veggie and 1/3 your carbs.

Best wishes to you, CALP has been a lifesaver, leading to a huge weight loss for me once, and I'm on my way to doing that again (I flunked maintenance).