Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 07:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
I can be very restrictive, and I am. It was that or stay fat.

I gave up a lot of foods that I love, but for the first time in my adult life I have a BMI that is in the normal range. On the high side of normal, but not overweight or obese.

I come from a 300 pound family and this morning I weighed 170. My parents died early from obesity diseases and my siblings who are also around 300 are unhealthy.

There are very few carbs in my diet. To stay in keto, my limit is 20, and I rarely get that many. I like life, I like moving around without needing joint replacements, and I like almost never getting sick (one mild cold every 15 years or so -- I'm 74 and on zero prescriptions).

Plus I follow the arthritis/bursitis diet and both my former arthritis and bursitis are gone - without any meds.

The good health and mobility means more than the variety of delicious foods I used to eat. I enjoy what I eat now, but it is by no means anything like a feast.

Your health is your most important asset. If you are sick, all the money in the world will only buy you a better hospital room and/or casket.

I used to live to eat, now I eat to live.

Bob

Now THIS is the kind of motivation I joined this board for!