#20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 06:39

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Almost as annoying as doctors who have never been fat saying "All you have to do is eat less and exercise more."

~snip~

Or hearing the same sort of thing from friends who have been stick-thin their entire lives, have never had anything out-of-the-ordinary about their metabolism, who were never even attracted to addictive types of foods, but their way of exercising is the best for everyone, their way of eating is the best for everyone, because it works for them.

I'm old enough to remember the Mamas and the Papas. Did anyone else ever notice that it was obese Cass Elliot who danced the entire time they were singing? I mean the woman never stopped moving, while she was belting out song after song. She was not even getting out of breath while dancing and singing.

Beside her, Michelle, John, and Denny were barely moving, if at all. Ultra thin Michelle moved bit more than the guys, but Cass was always dancing up a storm. There's lots of You Tube videos of them performing on You Tube, and even one video where Michelle and Cass are seated on studio props, Michelle barely moves a muscle through that entire song - but Cass - whose feet are just hanging there while she sit on this big prop - Cass is bouncing her knee up and down the entire time. Do you realize how difficult it is to lift your leg like that while sitting on something so high that your feet are nowhere near the ground? And to keep lifting that leg in time to the music for even the span of a relatively short 60's era song? Especially a leg that is as heavy as her legs were?

But from what I've read about Cass's diet history, she was always told to "Eat less and exercise more". Cass was definitely exercising. While singing. And not even getting winded or breaking a sweat (at least not visibly) while doing it.

If "eat less and exercise more" had any real validity to it, Michelle would have been the obese one, and Cass would have been the thin one.