#13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-20, 22:44

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Dont know of on line folks.....

I would want to know how much of carotid is cligged, and by how much

( in my case, a clot had formed betwen the two layers, decreasing the lumen size, slowing blood flow, causing clots.)

What is the proceedure.....
what is risk

alternatives....remember doctor usually cant offer an alternative as they are trained to do surgery. Try to find ither dictors to ask.. perhaps send an email to dr westmann or any other doctor at a teaching hospital esp a university based one as they usually respond.

Ask about recovery rates...... time off work.

In my case, the placement of the stent gave me the worst migraine ever ! Doc said it would be gone after 3-4 days post surgery..... the increased blood flow was the cause, and the body would adjust. And he was right.

Usually go thru artery in thigh up by groin. Limited activity as I remember post surgery... no heavy lifting sort of thing for a couple weeks.

The anesthisia can be hard on the body. Talk to anestitist handling your case. Discuss meds, diet snd many other factors... they should have an indepth survey presurgery. Be honest......many factors are concidered and makes todays surgeries very successful.

Ask about medications. The stent is a mesh that slowly gets covered by cells, imbedding the stent into the inner lining of the artery. I took plavix for 6 months. This was to prevent ..... Im not sure exactly, clots?? It was only during the time the stent was embedding into the artery.

Know which meds and foods to stop ahead of surgery......they arent ready for us healthy eating liw carb types, lol.

Im sure this is scary.....totally get it....

look on youtube for info on plaques and how they develop. Im sure after viewing, you will have loads of questions that need answering.
I saw a good one recently......

You will need to stay in hospital for a day or two probably. My emergency stent placement took place sometime after 4pm on a Friday when the big one hit, staff called in, awoke in ICU groggy head pounding and stayed 24 hours, then moved to another floor, went home Monday early afternoon.

As u know , the more you know......