#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-19, 08:16

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine

I think you have two big obstacles here: the first is not accepting that our bodies change, period, especially with age. We ladies are supposed to be curvy, no matter what social pressures the media puts on us. You're tall, only a tad overweight, and I'll assume otherwise healthy. This should not have the capacity to be soul-destroying. Look at those hot ladies in the plus sized swim suits on that website. They're gorgeous! So are we. They're also younger. They'll get their turn with the cellulite and sagging.

I couldn't agree with you more but I will go you one further, not only is it a given that we will age and that our bodies will change, so it is better that we just accept that and move on. It is also a given that some day we will die, that is the reality of our lives, the only certainty we have when we are born, so it is also best that we accept that. So given that our bodies are going to change and that someday we are going to die, the question becomes how can we make the best of this life that we now have. My answer to that question is to engage in activities that feel meaningful to me and in order to be able to engage in these meaningful activities I need to keep myself as healthy as possible which I do by ensuring that my diet is as healthy as it can possibly be. Other things get included too, all those so-called lifestyle choices, exercise, sleep, stress reduction etc. Cellulite, podgy stomach, how you look in a bikini, what importance do these really have when you can simply be in the present moment, leading the most meaningful life you can lead, treating yourself including your body in the manner that keeps it as healthy as possible for as long as possible? Don't lose yourself in the trivial.

We all get caught up in the trivial sometime. I find it helpful to reflect on what is really important to me, is it to be x number of pounds less than I currently weigh or have fewer wrinkles on my face? Sometimes it may feel that way but if I reflect more deeply I can see that this is only looking at the surface of life and that deeper down inside there are more important things towards which to turn my mind.
Sponsored Links