View Single Post
  #171   ^
Old Wed, May-19-21, 22:33

Plan: Dr Ted Naiman + IF
Stats: 320/158/140 Female 5'10" age 56
BF:
Progress: 90%

Popping in again to say hi! Wow, this thread has gotten more active, how interesting! Too much to even read through. I feel badly sometimes when I remember I started this thread a while back.

I've been hanging out mostly on Twitter (Key Tones there also). I've been just maintaining weight loss lately, but I am still wanting to lose more weight of course.

On exercise:

I do HIIT cardio on my rowing machine to YouTube videos. I like some that have the large visible countdown clocks for interval timers. I also have dip bars that I use for some bodyweight rows from under them. You would laugh if you saw how weak I am, I have a hard time doing that! I am back to using my exercise ball, and I just got a yoga mat today that has poses printed on it already. I know yoga isn't the kind of exercise Dr. Naiman recommends, but it helps me with strength, especially since I am still rather heavy for being small framed (I'm tall and have a wide frame, but I have small bones and very little muscle per DEXA - I don't look heavy in pictures, it is an optical illusion, LOL). I need to mind some knee and back pain.

On recipes - I haven't purchased any recipe books, I like to make up my own (basically, turn a recipe keto then reduce the fat) and post them to twitter. A lot of people do that. You can see them if you enter this hashtag into twitter:

#thePEdiet

Dr. Naiman set the hashtag. I've noticed some people use #PEdiet instead. I think he wanted to tie it to his website address for the book.

I've found another high protein diet to look at for recipes. At least, it seems like some phases of it seems to be high protein. I haven't purchased the book (probably not going to) because it is all about food selection instead of concepts. The FB groups that go with the diet are so annoying b/c it is full of "Can I eat this" posts instead of just getting the protein vs. carbs/fat ratio correct for the day. Poor things. They are also British and talk about ingredients and products I know nothing about. I guess it is all the rage there because Kate Middleton lost weight on it and created a sensation.

Anyway, it is called the Dukan Diet, and I've been looking at Dukan bread, which I don't like much, but if I modify it, it comes out mostly like a souffle, which is pretty good. I just throw an egg together with fat free cottage cheese and fat free mozzarella with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (supposed to use more, but gross flavor) and bake it. Sometimes I throw in ground flax seed, sometimes I skip it. You bake it like flat buns, basically.

I don't measure any more, it might be a ratio of 1 eggs to 1/4 cup of FF cottage cheese to 1/2 cup of FF mozzarella and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Sometimes I throw in 1 tablespoon of flax seed. Then bake in air fryer (i have a super, super hot Ninja that burns everything vs. my old air fryer, so I have to cook on abnormally low temps - it is the indoor smokeless grill). I cook at 300 for about 9 or 10 min, so I think it would be more like 350 degrees for a normal air fryer, not sure. The heating element in mine is too close to the food.

I picked up some langustino tails from the freezer section of Trader Joe's to make a seafood souffle with this recipe.