Old Wed, Sep-24-14, 11:43
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapgirl
Having the same experience! I've always been a bit of a morning person even though I'm a little sluggish at first. The sluggish has gone away and I usually wake up at 4:30 with my husband now. It's awesome!!

Cool that you can get up and see your husband off (assuming that he gets up that early for a reason). What does he think of that? I hope 4:30am is not in my future. I'm still a beginner at this "morning person" thing, but that seems a bit too early for me.

Before I started this way of eating, I used to get up at 6:55am -- which gave me just enough time to get dressed, get fed, throw a lunch together, and make it to work on time. When I started eating LC last February, I got up 10 minutes earlier to cook breakfast and started making my lunch the night before. That gave me just enough time to get it all done. But soon, I started waking up before my alarm went off. Before long, it was more than 30 minutes before the alarm. Then it finally donned on me that I was becoming a "morning person" and I may as well take advantage of it. A few weeks ago, I set my alarm to 6:15am and I now take my time in the morning. It takes all the stress out of getting ready for work. I'll take another 15 minutes earlier if it comes. I think I can do 6:00am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
Great story khrussva. On a beach vacation with a high-carb friend I was up and walking the beach at dawn every morning but my friend stayed in bed almost until lunchtime each day. I thought it was a shame to miss the sunrise, the dolphins jumping, the other friendly early morning people. I have to say that I wasn't always an early riser - far, far, from it. I thought it just happened with getting older, but now you've made me think about the carb factor.

My wife didn't want to join us. She slept in. Maybe it was all the pizza, donuts, and junk food she'd eaten the day before? Anyway, she missed a gorgeous sunrise and a very enjoyable walk. I had some great Daddy/Daughter time.