Registered Member

Plan: Thompson Low Gly. Load
Stats: 344/318/200 Male 71.5
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawald
Hi picton,

I have tried the magnesium oil but I didn't like the feel of it on my skin one bit. Messy and made me feel itchy.

I wonder if the magnesium didn't work for you as a supplement for the same reasons as it didn't work for me - an undiscovered food intolerance?

Just an idea for you to maybe think about...

It took me about two years to work out that this is what was going on with me, (and I probably wouldn't have worked it out that quickly if it hadn't been for this forum and my various cyber pals here popping into my journal) and I really resisted the idea of going the whole gluten-free hog for a long time, because I couldn't bear the idea of being one of those complicated people with allergies and so on, but, now that I feel so much better, I have come to terms with it.

I was convinced that the Mg was the problem with the excessive BMs, but it wasn't at all!!! I take 400mg at the moment and it causes no problems in that department at all.

amanda

As Dr Myhill says, the effect on skin is very good... I must admit to being very happy at the feel, the only drawbacks are the dust as the excess comes off, the time it takes to do, and in the winter it seems less practical!
I had considered using a PROPER medical Transdermal medium such as Phlo-jel Ultra, but it's an expensive item!
Being on opiate painkillers, the potential for (how do I put it!) "reducing constipation" isn't likely to be a problem to me, I suspect the fact I already need to use laxatives is one reason I need more Mg in the first place!

On another forum I frequent, one user swears by rectal enemas, but it's not something many people find convenient!

I have got hold of some Mg Chloride at the moment, and intend to try using that instead of the simple Epsom salts.

The one thing I have never so much as pondered, is food intolerances..... the only thing food does to me is absorbs itself into my body - every tiny miniscule particle of it, to add on more weight! I am sure I could gain weight merely standing next to a pile of it! I could eat a small sheep between two bread mattresses and not so much as get slight indigestion, I would just end up passing out from the insulin the bread would release! ;-)
(I don't eat gluten at all now, as I have as near no carb as I can manage!)

Orally, Mg products simply make me feel sick (size of capsules, texture of liquid supplements, and the sheer AMOUNT needed to have any effect at all.
Mg infusions are the only medical method used practically, as the oral route is well known to be difficult, but it means PAIN, it's one of those jabs that are notorious for HURTING, or I would do it that way, I already inject 3x a week in my hormone replacement strategy!