View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 07:06

Plan: Paleo Diet
Stats: 160/149/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Amanda thanks for all this info on magnesium! I jumped on the forum this a.m. specifically to look for a post I saw a week ago or so, the poster said she was feeliing muscle fatigue just walking upstairs and I thought she was taking about me. I went LC a few years ago and had the same issue but it was gone in about a week; this time it's been lingering for several weeks and it's getting worse. Instead of that thread I found this one.

Quote:
Well, the good sources of magnesium for regularity are magnesium oxide (which is what is in the cheapo drugstore Mg supplements) and magnesium citrate. However, other kinds of magnesium, such as Mg taurate, Mg glycinate and Mg malate, don't usually have this effect and are therefore better absorbed.

This is exactly what I needed to know. I started taking magnesium a few years ago, based on Eades' recommendation, but it eventually was causing long-term diarrhea or near-diarrhea almost daily. I didn't attribute it to the mg because I kept stopping and restarting w/no effect; I think other supplements/prescriptions were contributing to the problem, and last year a nutritional consultant suggested I stop the mg again and this time the results were amazing. I'm nervous about going back on, but I still have the bottle and I was taking mg oxide so this time I'll try a different one. (Apparently the consultant wasn't knowledgeable enough to consider this aspect.)

Going out to buy some this morning. Thanks so much!

Christy