View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 08:27

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 240/185/165 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks, Betty, for your replies. I look forward to reading your journal! My questions were directed to anyone who'd like to respond, and clearly, you appear to be the whole foods expert here!! I do believe you hit the nail on the head re: being stocked. Part of my problem this week has been that I don't have what I need at hand. It's meant lots of little trips to the store.

I do already feel much better and cravings are minimal already. I don't believe I have a damaged metabolism at this point, so am working the maintenance plan. Was not a big caffeine person to begin with, so giving that up is not a problem. Average 1-2 glasses of wine every other week or so, so alcohol not an issue. No prescription drugs but birth control, which I think may be an issue, but SPP doesn't give me a lot of detail on this. I guess I'll chat with my nurse-midwife.

Already exercise with a combo of yoga, walking, and ball and weight training, so that was not a big deal.

Hardest thing for me --- getting 8 hours of sleep a night!! I have two kids -- DD is almost 12 and DS is almost 8. They keep me running. I usually go to bed 11 or 11:30 and get up just before 6am. This works for me. Don't see how I can go to bed much earlier -- definitely can't get up later!

But overall, it's a very good program for me. When I first read the book, it was like all the pieces fell into place. I knew it was absolutely the right way to go!
~RUTH