Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #2207   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 06:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- I *LOVED* reading about your shopping trip with your daughter. And I definitely understand these words: "Kid actually was nice to me and we chatted and had fun. Kid nice to me is actually talking to me, it wasn't just ignoring." I tell ya, I guess it is nature's way, but having them be all moody and then be nice makes the nice such a freaking gift! I have learned to not take those moments for granted AT ALL. We are in a phase where they are more common (although there is also plenty of snarky eye rolling crap too) and I am LOVING it and knowing full well I could wake up tomorrow and POOF it would be gone again!

For you to find shopping even kind of fun is wonderful. Sounds like she was ready to just go and get it done, but in a good way. LOL over the bra shopping. No doubt she was mortified!! Having some stranger manhandle your boobs is horrifying at that age (after having a child we get used to it!) and having your Mom there watching is even worse! Sounds like she got some great choices and you got some good prices.

Re: Glasses- my guys love a site called Zenni. You can get glasses for so cheap, all different kinds. You should have her check it out. We've had great luck with them and it is fun for them to have different pairs they can wear. And we have had no issues with durability. T wore his every day for a year but came back from camp with them at the bottom of the lake. No problem, we paid like 30 bucks for them! He just chose two new pair and a pair of sunglasses too.

All great news! Glad you are feeling thinner too.

Lori- Sounds like this therapist really knows what she is doing and is able to provide you with a lot of help. Green Chef seems like a really great fit for you and DH also. I can see thinking about doing something like that next year when it is just DH and I. I've already gotten to where I cook only about three days a week, seems like.

Jaz- I know you are just overwhelmed with work right now. Hold fast!

••••••

Hi all!

Things are good here. Had a really nice 30 minute talk with DS20 today. He was telling me what he has been up to and while we were talking (I was talking to him on my computer via FT audio) he was sending pictures over the computer so I could see what he saw, or who he was hanging out with. It was wonderful to catch up with him. He is happy and faring well, enjoying the people he is meeting and the activities. He is taking the morning off (well I guess now it is mid-afternoon there) and skipping the zoo trip to rest his feet. The activities can run very late at night and by that I mean they can end at 3-6 AM! He says he is not cut out for that for longer than a few days.

Today I am doing a CASA visit, will stop at the store for a few things, and then DS17 and I will have our meeting to see what progress he has made and what needs to be completed by Tuesday. Hopefully he has done fairly well.

Ravens play tonight!

My gut is still being wonky. Not as bad as it was on Tuesday but still not great. I ate just a few bites of a hamburger patty at dinner, maybe a third of a patty, bc it wasn't feeling awesome from lunch and I didn't want to set it off again. Just kind of baby stepping along with it. Maybe I'll take some probiotics to see if I can get it back to a happy place.

On plan and doing fine, but don't want to say much about it. No rocking the boat!

Oh- today is our last day of HOT and then we drop to upper 70s, low 80s. Yay!!