View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 15:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey Anu,

Good to hear from you.Yes, i'm settled in the US, but was born in Calcutta .Lived major part of my life in Delhi though.

I'm so glad you find locarbing easy while being in India . For me , i had a really tough time, in the sense everytime i'd start with it,there would be a birthday party or a festival around the corner and everything would go for a six !!!Life here is comparatively lonlier. Another problem that i faced was the food labels not having required information....and ofcourse constantly explaining ppl that it indeed is another healthy alternative way of living.

Anu , i totally agree with you when you say this place is loaded with junk food joints, but for us Indians there's nothing like simple ghar ka khaana-Just INDIAN food.(My mouth's watering at the thot of gajar ka halwa mmmm !!) After a while you dont even feel like looking at all the cheesy food that's available here and is so popular because of the busy lifestyle ppl have here.

However, one plus point is that a lot of variety in terms of lo-carb food is available.Lots of cheap non veg food(cold cuts), variety of cheese,protien chocolate bars , milk shakes and other items of daily usage are readily available.I found this WOL rather expensive n India.

Anyways, getting back to Menu's- i love baingan ka bharta-( do you put fewer than regular onions/tomatoes as onions are pretty high on carbs).

My typcal menu is-
Fried eggs for B/F with some cheese
chicken /baked fish for lunch with some salad for lunch
chicken/veggies for dinner
for snacks i have a SF jello or a just mix some cocoa with cream and splenda.Lots of water thru the day.
I'm having a tuff time trying to cut down the jello or cocoa dessert.I feel as though i'm cheating when ever i have it , even though its very lo on carbs.
Do you know about the carb content in besan? Can't seem to find it.But IMO it shud be ok while on maintainance. What say u?

More later, gotta rush now...B'bye
Sponsored Links