View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 12:12

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Benay, I'm with you. If a recipe has more than 3 ingredients (and by that I mean meat, salt, and pepper), I'm not interested.

They say variety is the spice of life, but I tend to make the same 5 or 6 dishes all the time.

Here's an easy recipe that you can use for fish, pork, and chicken:

Mix equal amounts of mayo (or Miracle Whip, if you prefer) and shredded Parmesan cheese in a bowl, maybe a half cup of each depending on how much protein you have. Lay the protein out on cooking sheet with sides and then "frost" the tops with the mayo/Parmesan mixture. Not too thick, maybe a quarter inch or so. Then sprinkle on McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning. It's made for pasta salads, but I won't tell if you won't! Then bake it.

Super easy and delicious without having to buy exotic ingredients. I've even served it to company and gotten rave reviews.

In short, find a couple things you like and focus on those. You can also do a Google search on "low carb recipes with 5 ingredients" and see if you get any hits.

I've also done the corned beef topped with provolone and popped it in the microwave for a bit. No need for lettuce.

It doesn't take much to be just a little bit creative. Lately I've been making cauliflower soup for lunch. Chop up 6 oz of cauliflower and dump it in 12 oz of chicken bone broth (available at most grocery stores). Add a bit of salt, if you like, and maybe some dried parsley if you have it. Once the cauliflower is soft, use an immersion blender (or pour it in a regular blender, but be careful because it's hot) to puree it. You don't even have to do that step, but I like to. Then, put it back on the heat and add 4 oz or so of whatever leftover protein you have. Sometimes I throw in some already cooked and frozen shrimp. Delicious and filling.

Hope this helps a bit.